Surf Team —
Human-Centric Humans OLD
in mobile development
in our team
in 5 years in various
What matters most to our team
There has never been a case where a client was not satisfied with our job and transferred the project to another contractor. But the companies often choose to continue their projects in-house. For this purpose, we provide for the code alienability in advance so that the code is easy to understand and maintain for an in-house team.
We don’t just do projects; we partner with product owners and are entrusted with tasks critical for their businesses. We appreciate honesty; we tell the truth, no matter how bitter it is. And since our clients stay with us for so long, we must be doing things right.
Head of Project Management
Working for Surf is cool: our teams are extremely competent and every project challenges you to find a game-changing solution. And yet we clearly see the difference between a gamechanger and hype and only use technologies that could benefit a product.
Head of Native Development
What I like about Surf is that any product is primarily about people, both creators and users. As we deliver a new solution, what we have in mind is the needs of the people we work for — not just technology.
Surf is a tech partner
for your business
an open-source toolkit
first agencies certified by Google
Flutter developers worldwide
faster development with SurfGen
to automate business processes, we developed a custom ERP system that is now planned to be scaled across the entire restaurant chain.
the app we built for a chain of pet stores boosted conversion from 5 to 15%.
AR visualization for oil well construction
Several projects for business digitalization
an app for a large food retailer with a large-scale loyalty program that made the users start using the app three times more often.
we released the first banking app on Flutter in Europe.
Video streaming platform on Flutter gets 2 silver medals
An app for the pharmacy chain gets a bronze medal
According to DesignRush
An app for online food delivery aggregator is one of them
Video streaming platform on Flutter becomes #1 Entertainment app in App Store
Surf: 12 years
- Surf is founded.
- Our first project — a personal budgeting software.
- A project for the Home Depot, the major global home improvements retailer.
- Surf partners with our hometown university, and Vladimir Makeev becomes one of the teachers. Over the course of our collaboration, Surf has taught iOS and Android development, project management, QA, and business analysis to over 1,000 students.
- Park Me Right, our own app that memorizes where you park your car. The app has over 100 thousand downloads and appears on the news in the US.
- Another project that really boosts our progress is the custom firmware we build for Android phones made in Malaysia.
- A few projects for a large mobile payment system.
- Surf builds new departments for design, iOS development, testing, and project management.
- An Android app for a service with 20 million users where you can post anonymous questions. In 2014, we redesigned the app in accordance with the newly emerged concept of Material Design and won the Google Material Design Award.
- Surf partners with a large food delivery aggregator and creates the first version of their mobile app. In 2014, it became one of the top 10 Android apps worldwide.
- A well-organized catalog and a mobile app for a large footwear retailer.
- A mobile app for couriers of an online shop.
- A solution for Sensorly, a French startup providing real-world mobile coverage.
- Two apps for the bank — one for their large VIP clients and one for small and medium-sized businesses.
- Surf partners with Mars (a collaboration that has lasted until this day).
- A design concept for Forbes: a mobile app for iPhones and iPads.
- A project for an online bookstore with a complex loyalty system, multi-tier bonuses and other features. Surf is among the first developers in the world who use Instant Apps. We implemented visual search powered by neural networks, Apple and Google Pay.
- We finalized an information app for a large grocery store chain, integrating it with a complex loyalty program.
- We start recruiting more remote employees and reorganizing our procedures so as to make their work more comfortable.
- A design for worldwide pizza franchise that transforms its mobile app into the primary sales channel.
- Surf becomes one of the first 18 agencies worldwide to be acknowledged as a Google Certified Agency and gets access to new Google technologies 2 to 3 months prior to their official release ever since.
- We create a Machine Learning and AI department and solve 20 ML cases.
- We established a Machine Learning department at our hometown university.
- It’s the age of crypto projects. We build Twim, a cryptocurrency trading app, and an app for MDK, a project that has now grown into a crypto social network called Main.
- An ambitious collaborative venture with KFC. Surf creates a custom ERP system, thus helping KFC go digital and automate its business processes.
- Surf dives into cross-platform development with Flutter.
- The first mobile banking app on Flutter in Europe for leading european finance service group – Société Générale.
- A mobile app for a multi-brand retail chain.
- Six apps on a single code base for a large pharmacy chain.
- An app that helps a chain of pet stores boost their conversion from 5 to 15%.
- Surf develops a video streaming service on Flutter.
- Surf launches an online course on Flutter.
- We embark on thorough UX studies, integrating CJM and customer development into our initial investigations. Our first CJM is for a chain of men’s clothing stores.
- Redesign of a Burger King app that boosted its fault tolerance to 99%. The project is currently underway.
- An app integrated with AR for SAP.
- Surf.gen – an API middleware we have built for swagger. It generates code, connecting an app with a server. Thus, 10–20% of the work is done in a single click.
- According to Clutch, Surf becomes one of the top 5 Flutter developers worldwide.