Why choose Surf for backend development
Since 2011 our company has built frontend and backend systems for web and mobile products for global enterprises and high-growth startups and have earned recognition from the global community.
When you need the Surf backend team
As a back end development company we collaborate mostly with the clients with businesses built around IT products. They look for a dedicated team that will not only deliver a quality website or app but transfer the project competencies and knowledge to their in-house teams.
Your company plans to develop a product from scratch & on a turnkey basis but lacks resources/expertise.
You need to set up your backend production processes in line with the best industry practices.
You need to scale the product due to business growth, ensuring stability for increased customers or a larger SKU count.
Find out what tasks we can solve
We believe that great results are possible only with strongly structured processes. Therefore, when solving the tasks of your business, we start with planning: setting crucial goals and achieving them step-by-step. As a result, you will get the product you expected — and a bit more.
– drivers and goals of the system: ArchiMate Motivation View/Goals View
– standard notations: UML, BPMN, ArchiMate, C4 Model
– top-down design
– complex scenarios
– adapting sections to client’s requirements
– full development cycle from pre-development to support
– solutions of any complexity, from high-load services to ERP systems
– comprehensive documentation
– seamless transfer to in-house team
– setting up CI/CD pipeline
– setting up observability and incident management
– automating deploy to speed up Time To Market
– increasing stability to 99,99%
Our case studies
The average duration of the Surf-Client collaboration is 3 years and our team is a good fit if you look for a partner to develop a complex back end system, from designing your digital product architecture to its implementation, testing, and launching.
Need a reliable team to build a complex high-load solution?Contact us
Technology stack we use
We are not limited to specific technologies — and focus on the needs of the clients and saving their resources.
For example, for a video streaming service we chose Kotlin, Spring Boot and Kubernetes — as a modern tech stack that fits the project goals. Our company has universal expertise and strong Middle and Senior developers ready to join your projects.
Our backend team workflow
Our company strives to be transparent for our clients. Our PM holds regular online meetings to keep the client informed about the project progress and eventual risks
We follow the roadmap agreed upon — and promptly respond to any changes in business requirements.
- preparing project roadmap, defining goals and objectives
- building architecture, analyzing necessary integrations
- going through business risks and user scenarios
- coding with Kotlin, Java, Python, and Go
- setting up data processing with most appropriate database technologies (choosing from SQL or NoSQL, in-memory or disk storage, etc.)
- visualizing services health & status with Prometheus and Grafana
External systems integrations
- analysis: defining list of integrations to be made, their capabilities, and trade off solutions
- development: integration protocol study and implementing integrations
- setting up test environment and perform backend stress testing
- writing automated tests
- performing manual tests for the most critical cases
Launch and support
- assisting with the workflow setup for further product evolvement
- transferring project and documents to the in-house team
- supporting the product under SLA
Our clients’ reviews
We have experience in backend development for large-scale projects for market leaders
Check for more insights
Having implemented many different-purposes solutions – to digitize processes with easy-to-use dashboards and automatically generated schedules or to create new channels for businesses to communicate with their customers – we are glad to share the acquired experience and insights on our blog.
Have you recognized your business context in our backend team experience?Contact us