To hire a dedicated development team means shortening your time to launch, lower costs, or enabling you to undertake a project which your in-house experts are not ready for — like when a different technological stack is needed.
When does hiring a dedicated development team make sense?
If any of the these statements apply to you, then you should better hire a dedicated development team:
- You must tackle a project that requires a technology stack that is unfamiliar to your in-house specialists
- You are starting up a startup that needs an MVP quickly and you need to outsource talent
- You want to reduce HR costs that come with creating a team by delegating the task of sourcing talent to an outside vendor
Get the insight on how to hire the ideal developer team for a fintech appLearn more
What are the pros of employing dedicated teams?
The IT sector is fiercely competitive, with companies often pushing new updates every week. It is essential to stay ahead of your rivals by getting the newest features out quickly, but you also need to be budget-cautious.
A dedicated team can help to fulfill both of these requirements.
1. Streamlined communication
By employing developers through Surf, clients gain a group of specialists who have prior experience working together. This eradicates the chances of any problems stemming from soft-skill incompatibility and the time needed for new staff to grow accustomed to each other.
We also give the client access to all of the tools and services used in the project, which provides complete transparency and allows the clients to stay informed and involved. Additionally, we are always available to answer any questions or concerns that the client may have.
2. Cost efficiency and control
Since the teams are tailored to satisfy the client’s specific needs, we can reduce spending in several ways—utilizing a modern tech stack that accelerates production, or tightly controlling roles.
3. Faster product time to market
At Surf, we are huge proponents of the Agile methodology. By breaking tasks down into measurable, smaller objectives called sprints, we are able to be more efficient, delivering a product that fits the needs of a client in less time. All of it leads to a faster time to market.
When creating a neo banking app for a client, we employed Scrum for managing our processes. Scrum is a PM framework that establishes a short feedback cycle and limits the downtime between each new iteration — features are rolled out in pieces and then tested, followed by re-assessment.
It helped us develop a fully-fledged banking app that met the requirements of the client within six months.
Who do you need on the team?
Generally speaking, the following roles are provided (with some variations depending on the project scope).
- UX/UI designers: create the graphical elements and establish how users interact with the apps interface. They help users understand and experience the value of the software, which leads to higher conversion rate and reduced churn.
- Frontend developers: code the app’s interface logic, optimize loading times, and keep the codebase easy to maintain. All of this leads to higher conversion rate and retention.
- Backend developers: Backend developers, on the other hand, design databases and build APIs that can handle a large number of requests, ensuring that the app always runs smoothly as it grows in popularity.
- Project managers: facilitate communication and keep everyone on the same page with frameworks like Scrum, and Agile. They also help to strike the right cost-time-quality balance.
- QA specialists: it is their job to test the code and find bugs before giving the go-ahead for production releases. Fewer bugs leads to more positive reviews from the users and greater loyalty to the brand
- DevOps engineers: help to ship code to production faster by adding automations to testing and other IT operations.
- Analysts: help to ensure that the end product solves the problem it was intended to solve. They achieve this by suggesting features, assessing risks, and writing project specifications.
Building the right team starts by finding the right partner for your businessFind out why it could be Surf
Full service, or on-demand, large, or small — will help you build the best team for your project, long-term as well.
Drop us a line using the form below, and we’ll get back to you in 1 business day to discuss your requirements.